Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Trying to get fit,,, ummm yay me?!

Ok, in Jan, I quit smoking. I've done really well, aside from the occasional drunken drag off someones smoke. My house no longer smells of smoke and I breathe easier. Yay for me! My doctor will be a much happier person when I next go in. I've been up and down on the weight thing for a while now. I'd lost 18 lbs. But after christmas and new year's and stopping smoking I gained most of it back. Well I decided it's time to kick it back into gear. Eating healthier, and making a conscious effort not to eat everything in sight. I also joined a gym. Today I worked out for the first time in a loooooonnnnnnngggggg time. I did cardio for half hour then some upper body work for about 10 mins before I pooped out and decided I didn't want to pass out from being overheated. Which I was and it made me want to puke. It was a good workout and I felt good that I could do as much as I did. It helped that my friend went with me. But I know tomorrow i'm gonna feel it. And then we are gonna workout again tomorrow and the next day.
My 40th birthday was a couple of months ago and I was told to lose weight or face being diabetic eventually. I was also put on a cholesterol med. On my birthday! WTF! So i'm now medicated, smoke free, eating healthier and exercising. Yay me! I am on the right path and I like it. Just wish my body would catch up to where I want it to be. And that it didn't hurt so much. WOW! I am so outta shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment