Sunday, May 8, 2011

I'm Not Celebrating

I haven't said much on the Osama issue, actually I haven't said anything. I've been reading all the comments and like 9/11 I got tired of hearing it. Not because it was repetitive but because it makes my heart hurt. To celebrate a death any death is wrong. Yes he needed to pay for his crimes. Yes it's been a long time coming. But i'm not celebrating, I'm remembering. All the loss, for what? 10 years of pain, for what? Yeah he deserved to die. No question about it. But i'm not celebrating. I'm remembering.  I worked in a newsroom, and it was awful. I heard the news before even getting to work. And it went on and on and on for months. The only thing i'm celebrating is that we didn't falter in the face of terrorism. We kept going. Hell New York kept going. The volunteers, the firefighters, the clergy, the medical workers etc. etc. they all kept going in what must have been the most horrific conditions they'd ever encountered. I'm celebrating them. Not some figure head death. I'm not sorry for him, but i'm not celebrating.
I haven't been interested in what's been said on the news. I've been watching reactions from my friends and family. I keep wondering if this is cleansing for some people. I keep wondering if it brings closure or healing. We were all affected in some way or another and honestly, I don't feel any different. I don't feel relief. I don't feel safer, although some might I don't. I don't feel any peace from this action. I feel sad all over again. I feel anxious and nervous all over again. I wonder about backlash. I wonder who's gonna be the next Osama. I wonder if this will make them put down there arms and declare a peace I know some of them have to wish for. But I don't think so. Doesn't work that way. I don't mean to burst anybody's bubble but I don't see this being the end. Like a lot of things, it's just a new direction. 10 years to get justice. I'm glad for the families that lost loved ones, maybe it helps them in some way. But i'm not celebrating.
Just so everyone knows, this is a peaceful reflective note. I don't want negativity here. If you want to state your opinions fine. But bashing and fighting will get you deleted. Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment